Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dear Diary,

Do you like Veggie Tales? You should. If you don't know about them, just wait until you have a tiny tot and then find out how awesome they are.

While my daughter recovered, my husband went to register kids for his class. While they were gone, my son had a monopoly on my attention and we started by listening, singing, and dancing to some of his favorite tunes on Grooveshark, including "We Didn't Start the Fire" and "Yoda," as well as some "Silly Songs with Larry" hits from Veggie Tales.
Then he wanted to know all the words to the theme song to his favorite show, "Larry Boy", a Veggie Tales Superhero. When we finally found the video on YouTube, he pronounced each word perfectly in time with the song. This is cool because you know how we nearly always misunderstand a word in a song and stumble over it when we sing along? He didn't. It was like he'd written it. Then we played it loudly and danced and sang to it at the top of our lungs repeatedly. It was too much fun.

I think I like spending Tuesday with the boy. I think we'll try to do a field trip every week during the time his sister and dad go to Living Springs for classes. He sometimes feels left out because he's not old enough to do some of the activities we've gotten his sister into now that she's finally old enough.

For odd holidays, it's Cuckoo Dancing week, though I don't know what that is, I do know some of the dancing he and I did this afternoon could definitely be described as cuckoo. It's also Universal Letter Writing week, Home Office Safety and Security week,  International Snowmobile Safety and Awareness week, and National Soccer Coaches of America week. Please choose your favorite soccer coach and write them a letter about responsible snowmobiling from the safety of your home office. Then go out and dance with your children to Veggie Tales songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment