Saturday, March 05, 2011

Dear Diary,

 We managed to get the rest of the house finished up and emptied today. I expected to help load the furniture but the girls seemed not to need my help. I went back and canceled the newspaper while the boys (my uncle, my cousin, and my other cousin's husband) disassembled the carport. When I discovered my uncle's back and my cousin's COPD brought them inside leaving my cousin-in-law out in the cold by himself, I passed the last cancellation job over to my sister (who had brought me coffee and donuts) and went out to help.



He was on his way in to move furniture. That was also something I could do, but they were just disassembling the bed pieces and didn't need me anyway. Then my cousin was stuck disassembling the bed alone so I helped him get it all apart and bag all the pieces. Then I disassembled the other bed by myself. The moral of the story is, if you can't help someone, take something apart.

I texted my friend that I had hoped to see and he was sick again. He was sick when he came to Colorado, too. I accused him of being allergic to me. Anyway, it sucked. 

We rearranged the cars so that everything was practically loaded and would still carry our luggage. I don't know who is taking me to the airport tomorrow; they have two options including my sister getting to Michigan at 3 am or Dad having to drive to St. Louis and back for no reason. I suppose the third choice is that my sister could stay with Dad instead of going home tomorrow--that was discussed.

We ate out at a seafood place and I tried frog legs again, tilapia, and catfish. Still didn't like any of them. I don't think I like the texture of muscle that swims for a living. The flavor wasn't too bad but I was really hesitant. I didn't know frog legs came with frog butts, too, but turns out they come in pairs. 

We stopped by to say goodbye to Grandpa since I was going home tomorrow. He was in the ground and all the flowers from the visitation were laying on his grave. My sister did not like the disorderliness of it at all. I didn't mind. I only cared that the vase on his side of the headstone was empty, and the vase on his wife's side didn't have any fresh flowers in it. Everything was wet from the rainstorm last night. I chose a white lilly, a sunflower, a yellow rose, and a bluebell. I put those in his vase and a yellow rose in hers, where I found that someone had put one there already. I hope one of her children put it there at Grandpa's funeral, or that they came by after and used one of his. She would have loved it--to have one of his flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment