Thursday, January 06, 2011

Dear Diary,

Today was a day to feel blessed. I have my share of what I consider to be woes, but perpetually-plagued family friends came by and tried to refrain from relating half their woes. One of my student's mother has just learned her eldest son has an addiction, and another mother is faced with a losing battle with bad renters and their outrageous and unfair lawsuit. If one is built to handle everything that comes one's way, I am glad that today, all I have are broken cars and a stolen licence plate. I would like to think I am stronger, but am enjoying the lack of that test.

On a lighter (and ironic note), it's "someday we'll laugh about this" week.



We watched a family show with dinner, something the children enjoy. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers arrived unexpectedly, so we watched it and the children scarfed their meal and danced the rest of the show. My very, very sensitive daughter nearly panicked at the end when the fathers could make it through the pass to rescue their daughters--she was very worried that they'd hurt the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment